Brave Space Certificate Program
AVMA’s Brave Space Certificate Program is a self-paced learning curriculum that teaches participants how to gain deeper understandings of the people around us and create healthier, safer, more inclusive veterinary teams, practices, and organizations.
The program is comprised of seven modules that can be taken individually or completed as a unit. To begin, participants must complete the first module – “Combating unconscious bias and marginalization.” The remaining modules can be completed in any order. Earn 1 CE credit for each module completed. When all seven modules are completed, participants will receive an AVMA Brave Space certificate of completion.
In collaboration with founding educational partner, Pride Veterinary Medical Community (PrideVMC), the AVMA Brave Space Certificate Program is made possible by an educational grant from Royal Canin.
- Combating unconscious bias and marginalization (REQUIRED)
- LGBTQIA+ 1: Identity and understanding
- LGBTQIA+ 2: Inclusion and support
- Understanding and addressing racism
- Interpersonal violence 1: An overview
- Interpersonal violence 2: Plan, prevent, respond
- Preventing workplace harassment
Click here to watch a video to learn more about the Brave Space Certificate Program.